- Be a native or citizen of Cuba;
- Have been inspected and admitted or paroled into the U.S. after January 1, 1959.
- Have at least one (1) year of aggregate physical presence in the U.S. before applying under the CAA.
In order to apply under the CAA, you must submit the following:
- Form I-485 (Application by Cuban Refugee for Permanent Resident);
- Form G-325A (Biographical Information);
- Form FD-258 (Fingerprint Chart);
- Two passport photos;
- Form I-693 (Medical Report);
- Form I-643 (Health and Services Statistical Data Sheet);
- A clearance from a local police department where the applicant resided for six months or longer since his or her 14th birthday; and
- The applicable fee.
Thus, our advice to a qualifying Cuban national residing in the United States for at least one year will be: “Apply as soon as possible.” by Anna Zhuromskaya, Esq.,